The Swedish Stroke AssociationSTROKE-Riksförbundet (The Swedish Stroke Association) is a non-profit and independent organisation that covers all of Sweden and includes people affected by stroke, their families and others.
Updated folderWe have updated our folder in English. The newer version is called About Stroke and the Swedish Stroke Association. We have tried to gather the most important information about stroke and our organisation.
Available for order in our web shop!
|The aims and objectives of STROKE-Riksförbundet is to:|
- take care for the interests of people affected by stroke and their families
- inform about the consequences of being hit by stroke and what it might lead to
- campaign for better treatment and care by promoting better education for personnel treating stroke patients
- improve social security
- improve the follow-up treatment by primary health care after leaving the hospital
- help establish more local stroke organisations
- promote awareness and understanding of stroke by our politicians and in the society in general
STROKE-Riksförbundet is also in charge of Strokefonden. Strokefonden is a fund for ”supporting stroke research and spread information about stroke”. You can contribute to the fund by clicking the headline Strokefonden to the left. Every autumn the fund is providing grants to ongoing stroke research.
Become a member
When you apply for membership in STROKE-Riksförbundet you will also automatically become a member in the nearest local stroke-organisation in your area of Sweden.
Members of STROKE-Riksförbundet will receive our magazine Strokekontakt four times a year, as well as a variety of our published brochures.
The local organisations have different activities for their members, such as meetings, social events, educational gatherings, excursions and other organized travels.
Please contact us for further information!
phone: 08 - 721 88 20